CH9102X USB to Serial Chip: A Guide for Students
What is CH9102X?
CH9102X is a USB bus converter chip, which converts USB to serial port. It provides standard MODEM signal, to expand serial port for computer or upgrade directly from normal serial device or MCU to USB bus1. It is compatible with USB 2.0 and supports baud rates from 300bps to 2Mbps1. It can be used for various applications, such as Arduino boards, ESP-family boards, wireless modules, etc.
How to download and install the driver?
Click on Download and you will get a rar file,
Install exe file from this rar file.
here is link of manufacturer of this product, you may visit and install driver directly from their website also.
To install the driver and test with your hardware like esp32 or esp8266..
- Download the driver file that matches your operating system and unzip it.
- Connect your device that uses CH9102X chip to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer and look for an unknown device under Ports (COM & LPT) or Other devices.
- Right-click on the unknown device and select Update driver.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software and navigate to the folder where you unzipped the driver file.
- Click Next and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- After the installation is done, you should see a new COM port under Ports (COM & LPT) with the name CH9102F or CH9102.
What are the specifications of CH9102X?
According to the official website of WCH, the manufacturer of CH9102X chip, these are some of the specifications of CH9102X.
- Full speed USB device interface, USB 2.0 compatible
- Supports baud rates from 300bps to 2Mbps
- Supports 5V/3.3V/1.8V power supply
- Supports 5V/3.3V/1.8V logic level
- Supports RTS/CTS hardware flow control
- Supports RS232/RS485/RS422/TTL interface
- Supports suspend mode and remote wake-up function
- Supports Windows/Linux/Mac OS/Android operating systems
- Supports USB bus-powered or self-powered mode
- Supports ESD protection up to ±15kV
- Supports industrial temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Package: SOP16/QFN16
I hope this article helps you understand more about CH9102X usb to serial chip. 😊